Funkadelic - The Electric Spanking Of War Babies album
Title: The Electric Spanking Of War Babies
Date of release: 1981
Size MP3: 1566 mb
Size FLAC: 1802 mb
Format: AUD ADX DTS MIDI FLAC TTA AC3
Cosmic Slop is the first Funkadelic album to feature artwork and liner notes by Pedro Bell, who assumed responsibility for the band's gate-fold album covers and liner notes until the band's collapse after 1981's The Electric Spanking of War Babies. Bell's liner notes to Cosmic Slop include small illustrations next to each song's name, summarizing the song in a picture. Side One. Side Two. 2 Personnel.
Album Conception & Strategic Direction for P-Funk Inc. All tunes published by Malbiz Music, Inc. Michael Brecker courtesy of Arista Records, Inc. Audio Funk Bases: Superdisc Inc. (East Detroit) Sound Ideas (NYC) and Allen Zentz Mastering (LA).
The Electric Spanking of War Babies. The Electric Spanking of War Babies is the 13th studio album by the American funk band Funkadelic, released in April 1981 on Warner Bros. The title is an allusion to the Vietnam War and baby boomers.
Funkadelic is the debut album by the American funk band Funkadelic, released in 1970 on Westbound Records. The album showcases a strong bass and rhythm section, as well as lengthy jam sessions, future trademarks of the band. The album contains two remakes of songs from The Parliaments, an earlier band featuring George Clinton: "I'll Bet You" and "Good Old Music".
The album consists of 3 discs comprising 33 tracks in total, which has been explained to mirror the 33 years that had elapsed since Funkadelic's last official album release in 1981, The Electric Spanking of War Babies. Like most of the Funkadelic catalog, the album features cover artwork by artist Pedro Bell. Funkadelic discography. Discography of Funkadelic, influential George Clinton-led Funk music group. The album was released in 1993 by P-Vine Records in Japan, and then was released the next year by AEM Records in the United States and Sequel Records in the United Kingdom. The CD features the track "May Day (. S)", which was an outtake from the Funkadelic album "The Electric Spanking of War Babies". As with all of the Family Series CD's, the last track features George Clinton supplying background information of all of the songs featured on the CD.
Tales Of Kidd Funkadelic by Funkadelic. One Nation Under A Groove by Funkadelic. Music With Funkadelic by Funkadelic. 1. The Electric Spanking Of War Babies. 3. Funk Gets Stronger (Part I).
For the song, see The Electric Spanking of War Babies (song). Studio album by Funkadelic. Sly Stone is a collaborator on this album. Clinton originally planned on this being a double album, but the idea was quashed by Warner Brothers. Some of the deleted tracks appeared on later P-Funk releases, most notably the 1982 hit single "Atomic Dog" which appeared on the first George Clinton solo album, Computer Games
Spanking turned out to be the last album Clinton would produce under the name Funkadelic - when he hit the charts again in 1983, Mr. P-Funk was billing himself as a "solo artist. Alex Henderson, All Music Guide. Disc: 1. Electric Spanking of War Babies.
Get the Tempo of the tracks from The Electric Spanking Of War Babies (1981) by Funkadelic. This album has an average beat per minute of 110 BPM (slowest/fastest tempos: 110/110 BPM). See its BPM profile at the bottom of the page. Tracklist The Electric Spanking of War Babies.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||The Electric Spanking Of War Babies
Bass, Guitar, Keyboards, Drums – Walter Morrison Lead Guitar – Michael HamptonProducer – George Clinton, Walter Morrison Written-By – B. Bishop*, G. Clinton*, W. Morrison*
Bass – Jimmie AliDrums – Kenny ColtonKeyboards – David Lee ChongLead Guitar – Jerome Ali, Michael HamptonProducer – George Clinton, Ron FordRhythm Guitar – Gordon CarltonWritten-By – G. Clinton*, J. Ali*, R. Ford*
|A3||Funk Gets Stronger (Part I)
Bass – Lige CurryDrums – Tyrone LampkinLead Guitar – Michael HamptonPercussion – Larry Fratangelo, Muruga*Producer – Bootsy*, George Clinton, Sly StoneRhythm Guitar, Bass, Synthesizer [Moog] – Roger TroutmanSaxophone – Pat RizzoTrumpet – Cynthia RobinsonWritten-By – G. Clinton*, M. Hampton*
Composed By, Percussion – Larry FratangeloProducer – George Clinton
|B2a||Funk Gets Stronger (Killer Millimeter Longer Version)
Drums – Sly StoneLead Guitar – Eddie HazelProducer – George Clinton, Sly StoneRhythm Guitar, Keyboards, Synthesizer – Sly StoneSaxophone – Pat RizzoTrumpet – Cynthia RobinsonWritten-By – G. Clinton*, S. Stewart*
|B2b||She Loves You
Written-By – Lennon/McCartney*
Bass – Lige CurryDrums – Kenny ColtonLead Guitar – Dewayne McKnightPercussion – Larry FratangeloProducer – George Clinton, Ron Dunbar, Ron DunbarWritten-By – D. McKnight*, R. Dunbar*
Bass – Rodney CurtisDrums – Tyrone LampkinKeyboards – Manon SaulsbyLead Guitar – Jerome Ali, Michael HamptonProducer – Garry Shider, G. Clinton*Rhythm Guitar – Garry Shider, Gordon CarltonSaxophone – Michael BreckerWritten-By – G. Shider*, G. Clinton*, R. Curtis*
Bass – Lige CurryKeyboards – David SpradleyLead Guitar – Michael HamptonProducer – Garry Shider, George ClintonRhythm Guitar – Garry ShiderSynthesizer [Moog], Keyboards – David Lee ChongWritten-By – G. Shider*, G. Clinton*
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Warner Bros. Records Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Warner Bros. Records Inc.
- Produced For – P-Funk Inc.
- Published By – Malbiz Music, Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Pedro Bell
- Recorded At – Super Disc Inc.
- Recorded At – Sound Ideas Studios
- Recorded At – Allen Zentz Mastering
- Mixed At – Super Disc Inc.
- Mastered At – Allen Zentz Mastering
- Pressed By – Capitol Records Pressing Plant, Jacksonville
- Artwork [Field Pen Maneuvers] – Edwina (Sistah Slim) Owens*, G. 'Sir Lance' Everett*, Pedro 'Capt. Draw' Bell*
- Artwork [Zeepasauric Album Art], Design [Packaging Design], Art Direction [Field Pen Co-Ordinations] – Pedro Bell, Sir Lleb Of Splankadelia*
- Concept By [Album Conception & Strategic Direction] – George "Uncle Jam" Clinton*
- Coordinator [Co-Ordination] – Leslie 'Blonda' Vocino*, Pedro Bell
- Engineer [The Knob Mob, Allen Zentz] – Ed Sanders , Richie Kurse
- Engineer [The Knob Mob, Sound Ideas] – Jim McCurdy
- Engineer [The Knob Mob, Superdisc] – Bob Dennis, Chris Baker , Dave Riley, Dave Baker*, Fred Munch, Greg Reilly, John Jaszcz, John Witham, Terry Fedak
- Lacquer Cut By – Brian Gardner
- Liner Notes [Dust Sleeve Rappatoyllah] – Sir Lleb Of Splankadelia*
- Management [Warner Brothers Records Corporate & Technical Corps] – Benita (Sweet Bee) Brazier*, Brad Kanawyer, Coral Cade, Francie McBride, Rick 'Voodoo Iz' Seireeni*, Susan 'Sushi Cue' Fridgen*
- Mastered By [Master Blaster] – Brian Gardner
- Mixed By [Mix Blaster] – Greg Reilly
- Vocals – Andre Williams , Cheryl James, Clip Payne, Craig Bryant, Dawn Silva, Donnie Sterling, Dr. Funk*, Garry Shider, Gwen Dozier*, Janice Evans, Jeanette McGruder, Jeanette Washington, Jerome Rodgers*, Jessica Cleaves, Kenny Colton, Kevin Oliver*, Larry Hatcher, Larry Heckstall, Lige Curry, Mallia Franklin, Michael Hampton, Mother Love, Nina Hoover, Patty Walker, Philippe Wynne, Ray Davis, Robert Johnson*, Ron Dunbar, Ron Ford, Roni Faust, Sheila Horne, Shirley Hayden, Sidney Barnes, Sly Stone, Stevie Pannel*, Terone Dunbar, Tony Davis , Tony Thomas , Walter Morrison
NotesThis version is the Jacksonville pressing plant variation and can be identified by JW on the runout.
Includes a printed black and white inner sleeve featuring more notes.
℗1981 Warner Bros. Records Inc.
Printed in U.S.A.
Made in U.S.A.
Album Conception & Strategic Direction [...] for P-Funk Inc.
All tunes published by Malbiz Music, Inc.
Michael Brecker courtesy of Arista Records, Inc.
Audio Funk Bases:
Superdisc Inc. (East Detroit)
Sound Ideas (NYC) and
Allen Zentz Mastering (LA)
All album artwork ©1980
(revised edition, ©1981) by Pedro Bell.
Liner notes / dust sleeve ©1981 by Pedro Bell.
© & ℗ 1981 Warner Bros. Records Inc.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Rights Society: BMI
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side A): BSK-1-3482 JW-1 ❀ MASTERED AT ALLEN ZENTZ L.A., CALIF.
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side B): BSK-2-3482 JW1 [seagulls] MASTERED AT ALLEN ZENTZ L.A., CALIF.
- Barcode: 0 7599-23482-1
|BSK 3482||Funkadelic||The Electric Spanking Of War Babies (LP, Album, All)||Warner Bros. Records||BSK 3482||US||1981|
|SNAP 215 CD||Funkadelic||The Electric Spanking Of War Babies (CD, Album, RE, Dig)||Charly Records||SNAP 215 CD||UK||2003|
|ALCB-838||ファンカデリック* = Funkadelic||ファンカデリック* = Funkadelic - エレクトリック・スパンキング・オブ・ウォー・ベイビーズ = The Electric Spanking Of War Babies (CD, Album, RM)||Alfa International||ALCB-838||Japan||1993|
|SNAP 215 CD||Funkadelic||The Electric Spanking Of War Babies (CD, Album, RE, Unofficial)||Charly Records||SNAP 215 CD||Russia||2003|
|BSK 3482||Funkadelic||The Electric Spanking Of War Babies (LP, Album, Promo, All)||Warner Bros. Records||BSK 3482||US||1981|