The Cure - The Love Cats album
Title: The Love Cats
Style: New Wave, Ragtime, Indie Rock
Date of release: 1983
Size MP3: 1873 mb
Size FLAC: 1882 mb
Format: DXD MMF ASF MIDI FLAC ADX MP1
The Love Cats" (sometimes rendered as "The Lovecats") is a song by English rock band The Cure, released as a stand-alone single in October 1983. It was the band's first Top 10 hit in the UK, peaking at number 7. It also reached number 6 on the Australian chart in early 1984. The single later appeared on the compilation album Japanese Whispers, released in December 1983.
In 2003, after hearing Tricky’s cover of the song, Smith told Humo magazine: Tricky has slowed down the skipping happy rhythm to a kind of death march but that doesn’t surprise me. Maybe he’s listened to the lyrics: in fact this song is not about cats but about a suicide pact between two lovers. Hence the text ‘into the sea, you and m. My idea of a love song
Cure, The. Chris Brown. The Lovecats (оригинал The Cure). Влюбленные кошки (перевод Amethyst). We move like cagey tigers. Мы двигаемся как осторожные тигры, Oh, we couldn't get closer than this. О, мы не смогли бы приблизиться ближе, чем есть.
Watch the video for Love Cats from The Cure's . for free, and see the artwork, lyrics and similar artists. The Cure are a rock band which formed in 1976 in Crawley, England, United Kingdom. View full artist profile.
The Cure – The Lovecats. 1 Tags " Either way, it would be neither the first time nor the last that The Cure would do a song that had a cheerful, highly danceable (as you put it) tune combined with lyrics that are at the other end of the emotional spectrum - /etc. Let's Go to Bed," from around the same period as this one, was a classic example, but there are also much later ones like "Cut Here," with very sad, regret-heavy lyrics to a bouncy tune.
Robert Smith, The Cure Love Cats video Haverstock Hill, London 8/30/1983. Photo by Steve Rapport. It’s not a huge story but one time I went to see the Cure, I think it was the Wish tour, Simon collapsed on stage. It turned out he had pneumonia and was playing his heart out despite feeling like death as he didn’t want to let the fans down. Robert kept looking over at him knowing something was wrong and the whole band were clearly anxious about him. It was awful seeing him collapse, he was helped off stage and the band carried on without him which was a bit weird but what could they do? Anyway it was close to the end of the gig and Simon came back with them for encores and The Forest.
The Cure-Love Cats 1 guitar tab, guitar tabs, bass tabs, chords and guitar pro tabs. Tabbed By: FREDDY K Band: The Cure Song: Love Cats Album: greatest hits Bassist: Simon Gallup Tuneing: Standard E A D G -. The Cure - Lovecats. FREDDY K : I made this tab very easy (especialy for starting players).
|A||The Love Cats (Special Disco Version)||4:35|
|B1||Speak My Language||2:42|
|B2||Mr. Pink Eyes||2:43|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Fiction Records
- Copyright (c) – Fiction Records
- Recorded At – Phonogram Studios, Paris
- Mixed At – RAK Studios
- Published By – APB Music Co. Ltd.
- Distributed By – Metronome Musik GmbH
- Made By – Metronome Musik GmbH
- Lacquer Cut At – PRS Hannover
- Pressed By – PRS Hannover
- Printed By – PRS Hannover
- Cover – Parched Art
- Double Bass – Phil Thornalley
- Drums – Andy Anderson
- Engineer – Phil Thornalley
- Engineer [Assistant] – Jean Yves
- Producer – Chris Parry, Phil Thornalley, The Cure
- Vibraphone [Vibes] – Laurence Tolhurst
- Voice, Guitar, Piano – Robert Smith
- Written-By – Laurence Tolhurst (tracks: B1, B2), Robert Smith
NotesRecorded at Phonogram, Paris.
Mixed at R.A.K. London.
Made in Germany by Metronome Musik GmbH
Original Sound Recording Made By Fiction Records
P. 1983 Fiction Records, London
APB Music Co., Ltd.
©1983 ℗1983 Fiction Records.
Im Vertrieb der Metronome Musik GmbH, Überseering 21, 2000 Hamburg 60 · Made in W.-Germany
No ink stamp "PRS Hannover" on the back cover.
Total time given for side B is 5:25.
815 570-1 on labels.
815 570-1 ME on spine and back sleeve.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 0 42281 55701 9
- Label Code: LC 6444
- Rights Society: GEMA
- Matrix / Runout (Label side A): 815 570-1 S 1
- Matrix / Runout (Label side B): 815 570-1 S 2
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side A, stamped variant 1): 815 570-1 S 1 320
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side B, stamped variant 1): 815 570-1 S 2 320
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side A, stamped variant 2): 815 570-1 S 1 320 1 O
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side B, stamped variant 2): 815 570-1 S 2 320 1 K
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side A, stamped variant 3): 815 570-1 S 1 320 T 1
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side B, stamped variant 3): 815 570-1 S 2 320 P 1
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side A, stamped variant 4): 815 570-1 S 1 320 X 1
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side B, stamped variant 4): 815 570-1 S 2 320 1 1
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side A, stamped variant 5): 815 570-1 S 1 320 1 K
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side B, stamped variant 5): 815 570-1 S 2 320 1 C
|FICS 19||The Cure||The Love Cats (7", Single, Pap)||Fiction Records||FICS 19||UK||1983|
|815 570-1||The Cure||The Love Cats = Amor De Gatos (12", Maxi)||Polydor||815 570-1||Spain||1984|
|7-259758||The Cure||The Love Cats (7", Gen)||Sire||7-259758||Australia||1983|
|815 570-7||The Cure||The Love Cats = Amor De Gatos (7", Single)||Polydor||815 570-7||Spain||1984|
|815 570-7, 815 570-7 ME||The Cure||The Love Cats (7", Single)||Fiction Records, Fiction Records||815 570-7, 815 570-7 ME||Germany||1983|