Leo Smith - Divine Love album
Title: Divine Love
Style: Contemporary Jazz
Date of release: 1979
Size MP3: 1502 mb
Size FLAC: 1594 mb
Format: WMA AU ASF MOD AA ADX MP2
Complete your Leo Smith collection. Divine Love (LP, Album). ECM Records, ECM Records. ECM 1143, 2301 143. Germany.
For the album by Leo Smith, see Divine Love (album). For the 2019 film, see Divine Love (film). The Ecstasy of St. Theresa, Gianlorenzo Bernini, 1652. Part of a series on. Love. Agape (Ancient Greek ἀγάπη, agapē) is a Greco-Christian term referring to love, "the highest form of love, charity" and "the love of God for man and of man for God". The word is not to be confused with philia, brotherly love, or philautia, self-love, as it embraces a universal, unconditional love that transcends and persists regardless of circumstance.
Listen to Divine Love online and get recommendations on similar music. Album descriptions on Last.
Bells, Marimba, Primary Artist, Vibraphone. Composer, Flugelhorn, Gong, Percussion, Primary Artist, Trumpet. Primary Artist, Trumpet.
Divine Love is an album by American jazz trumpeter and composer Leo Smith recorded in 1978 and released on the ECM label.
A trumpeter of smoldering grace, Leo Smith (now Wadada Leo Smith) defies standard technique or musical structure, but he always sounds fully embodied. This album is one of Mr. Smith’s finest, a collection of carefully orchestrated, luminous threads (flute, saxophone, vibraphone, bass, other trumpets) rising and exhaling together, following the loose prescriptions of Mr. Smith’s compositions. Arvo Pärt, ‘Tabula Rasa’ (1984).
Listen online top songs Leo Smith. Leo Smith - Divine Love (Vinyl). Release source: Vinyl.
Tracklist Hide Credits
Trumpet – Kenny Wheeler, Lester Bowie
|B2||Spirituals: The Language Of Love
Bass – Charlie Haden
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – ECM Records GmbH – ECM 1143
- Recorded At – Tonstudio Bauer
- Made By – Trio-Kenwood Corporation
- Composed By, Trumpet, Flugelhorn, Percussion [Steel-o-phone], Gong [Gongs], Percussion, Sleeve Notes – Leo Smith*
- Design – Peter Brötzmann
- Engineer – Martin Wieland
- Flute [Alto Flute], Bass Clarinet, Tenor Saxophone, Triangle, Mbira – Dwight Andrews
- Photography By [Back] – Dani Lienhard, Roberto Masotti, Signe Mähler
- Photography By [Front] – Roberto Masotti
- Producer – Manfred Eicher
- Vibraphone [Vibraharp], Marimba, Bells – Bobby Naughton
NotesIncludes insert with notes.
B1 dedicated to Lester Bowie
Recorded September 1978 at Tonstudio Bauer, Ludwigsburg
Made by Trio-Kenwood Corp., Japan (on vinyl labels)
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Etched Side A): G 〄Ⓑ PAP 9152A 111✢ D
- Matrix / Runout (Etched Side B): G PAP 9152B 111✢
- Other (Back Cover): ℗1979 ECM Records GmbH
- Other (Back Cover): ¥2,500
|ECM 1143, 2301 143||Leo Smith*||Divine Love (LP, Album)||ECM Records, ECM Records||ECM 1143, 2301 143||Germany||1979|
|ECM-1-1143||Leo Smith*||Divine Love (LP, Album)||ECM Records||ECM-1-1143||US||1979|
|ECM 1143, 529 126-2||Leo Smith*||Divine Love (CD, Album, RE)||ECM Records, ECM Records||ECM 1143, 529 126-2||Germany||1996|
|ECM 1143, 674 3215||Leo Smith*||Divine Love (CD, Album, RE)||ECM Records, ECM Records||ECM 1143, 674 3215||Germany||2019|